Sunday, 21 December 2008

Sunday 21st December 2008

Another very lazy weekend, Si and the children are now all on holiday and we used the weekend to really ease into a relaxed state of mind....Saturday afternoon Megs had Lydia round to hang while I sat and watched "How to lose a guy in 10 days" for about the 25th time, and I loved it all over again.

This morning Meg was out to visit Lydia and then this afternoon and evening she is out with Sophie, so she is on top of the world and loving the social whorl that her life has become since we have moved here. With a Megan sized hole in the house, my little Phillip didn't really know what to do with himself so I decided a walk was in order and it turned out to be a real treat.

The weather is warming up and it was around 10 degrees when we head out at around 3pm.....a slow stroll through town, a quick football game in the park (between me and Phil as Si is nursing a nasty cold) and then into the "Standup Inn" a little pub in the High street for a cider and guinness on the way home - I think Phillie enjoyed being an "only child" for a little bit (Nick slept all the way) and it was wonderful to have some good quality time with him. We are going to try and take a walk everyday during the holidays and plan on heading down to the Seven Sisters park near New Haven tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tracy Schimper said...

Hey gf, just spent half and hour catching up on everyones blogs. Told Lin, I'm trying to spend as little time in front of the computer as possible during the holidays. Hope you enjoy the holidays with your family, my mom has taken the girls to my grandparents for the morning, so am frantically wrapping pressies whilst they aren't here. Catch up with you again l8r. love T

mary said...

I am sure that the afternoon that you spent with Phillip must have been as good for him as it was for you.As u no you,you have always done what is best for your children. You are an amazing mom.

They are blessed to have a mother like you.Lotsa luv Mary