Another week over, I just don't know where the time goes. I had the final appointment to correct the gaps in my teeth today and I am pleased to say I now have a I full smile courtesy of her majesty's government......I am so relieved, I can't believe how my confidence was affected by the gap, now I feel like I can really laugh again without feeling self conscious.
Spent a couple of hours Christmas shopping for Phillip after the dentist, I am finding his gifts the hardest this year, Megs and Nic are finished, but somehow I just can't find the perfect gift for my perfect boy and it is stressing me out big time.....only 20 days to go and I am not finished.
Also met with the head mistress of the children's school with regards to Megan , and finally we have resolution, she is moderately dyslexic (yes FINALLY a diagnosis, those of you who have known me a long time know how long I have been fighting for this)....what does that mean, well the dyslexia is more severe then we first thought and the fact that she has done so well is testimony to her attitude and hard work, so I am very very proud of her, she is not however severe enough to be statemented which is also a good thing as it means she won't go on the "special needs" register.
She does however qualify for a "reader" to be with her through all future exams and she will be allowed extra time to complete the tests and assessments etc. All in all a good outcome and I think Megs will really fly from this point forward....it was also so lovely to chat with someone who really understands where I am coming from, the head mistress has a son with dyslexia and he has just obtained 7 GCSE's so there is hope and she is convinced that with the right support Megs is finally going to be able to reach her full potential. Viva la England!!!!!
Off to sing Christmas Carols at the station tonight to raise funds for the school, should be quite a laugh.....as I said to Linda today, quite a novelty to be able to stand on a station platform at night on my own with 12 children and a camera round my neck shaking money buckets and singing and.....wait for it.....not have to be worried about being robbed.
Children off to a party on Saturday afternoon and then hopefully up to London on Sunday for the day, so a happy weekend planned which is great.
5 comments:
So pleased that at last Meg's will get the chance to show her full potential, we have always KNOWN that she is a very bright and able person who is going to shine even brighter.
Such relief to know that Megan can now move forward. As a mom, I know just how you feel when your inner instinct is telling you something.
Looking forward to seeing that "smile"!!
Enjoy your Carols and your London trip.
My youngest son had a reader when he started school in the UK and it was amazing how he excelled. When he started he didn't know the alphabet never mind read, the other kids used to tease him. Now he is the best reader in his year.
I have nothing but praise for the public schooling system in the UK. No doubt Megan will excel.
Just think,i you guys hadn't moved to England you would have still been pulling out your hair with regards to Megs.
Megan is a unique child & I have always been fond of her.She will thrive each day & make you even more proud than you already are of her.
Would love to have been there for the Christmas Carols - can't imagine you standing on a platform with a tin around your neck - agree with you - at least no worries bout being robbed.
Miss you guys lots Mary
GF,
As your friend, and also a mother who has also experienced the frustration at wanting more from an education system - thank heavens for the LEAP CLASS!...I feel I have walked part of this journey with you...so I am so so excited that you have found this solution for Megs! How awesome and exciting to see that she will finally be able to enjoy the learning process, as much as she deserves to!!!
Post a Comment