Well tonight we had just returned home, having driven past the FROZEN pond in the middle of the village, I am not joking, the ducks were all standing on the ice looking very confused...when as I turned into our lane there was the sound of loud Christmas music behind me and people running all over the estate....Santa had literally come to town.....and there he was in his "sleigh" collecting money for the Haywards Heath Lions - needless to say Megan was out of the car in a flash and it didn't take Phil long to realise that something was up and he was out to investigate....what a lovely moment, and it made me feel a little bit more like Christmas and I am now quite looking forward to dressing the Christmas tree this weekend.
3 comments:
Oh that must have been so awesome for the children (especially if they still believe in Father Christmas. The English certainly how to do things.
When I was visiting my friend in 2002, we used to go shopping in the evening as well as so much of the food is half price too!! Also not soo busy either.
Ahh I took my kids to Furlong to see Santa. My youngest son took one look and said "that's the fake one, I know the difference between the fake on and the real one!".
Uhum, ok son......
As for shopping, I've been trying to do my ocado shopping online all day and it keeps timing out. They must ve very busy!
Gf you might be frozen stiff half the time, but you sure are experiencing a whole new world, with new experiences presenting themselves all the time. So glad you are finally starting to feel those little twinges of this wonderful white Christmas you have to look forward to....
Post a Comment