I know I know, I have said this before, but today my trip home from clinic was another stark reminder of this fact, and I just have to capture it.....picture this.
As has become my tradition, a visit to the clinic is not complete without a visit to the village bakery as well, for a warm sausage roll and some kind of delish danish, now the weather has become too cold for eating by the pond (although this morning the mercury hit 6 degrees and it is positively balmy in comparison to what we have been experiencing) so on my way home I am standing in the queue outside the shop (yes the goodies here are so delish you queue all the way down the pavement for them) and I start chatting to this dear old English gentleman about Nicholas (cooing endearingly in his pram), the gentleman happens to mention, in conversation about his grandson, that he is 75 years old.....
Well we continue chatting until our turn arrives to be served and then it so happens that we are both walking home in the same direction...and this is where it just gets sad (or rather, pathetic in my case)....we head off together and before long I am positively jogging up the road next to him heaving and wheezing as I try to catch my breath, needless to say the old dear took pity on my and said his goodbyes and before I knew it all I could see was the soles of his feet as he strode off across the park, but the time I reached the corner he was out of sight, and I was positively exhausted! No wonder there are more people over 75 years old in this country then there are under 5....they are so damn fit I swear they live forever.
Dishwasher being fixed today, it has been a long two weeks without it and I am frantically wrapping Christmas presents for teachers and family and friends at home - oh and watching Gilmore Girls of course.
4 comments:
oh my friend - i agree with you - the british are very walking fit....but then i guess when you walk a lot you get better at it - look at our black ladies and gentleman back in south africa they can walk for hours and still srrive at their destination to spend the day digging or working hard physically only to walk back home at the end of the day - i would of made a terrible fat lazy black lady - or i would of built my hut at the top of the road next to the taxi rank - ha ha hee hee
They sure...
Went to look at Nic's pics, he is looking so cute. Time flies too quickly...
ROFL
Ha ha ha, I can just picture it!!!!
I am a walker and sometimes on races I would catch up to a slow runner, who battled to keep up with me walking.
I am sure in no time you will start getting fit, with all the walking that you do. The country lends itself to be able to do that so freely.
Happy wrapping!!
Post a Comment