Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Tuesday 30th December 2008

Only 2 days left of 2008 and what a year it has been....certainly one for the books for the Robertson family and I don't think we will ever have another one quite so eventful....a new baby and a new country all within 12 months, eish, scary when I think about it.

This afternoon we took the children swimming at the Aztec pools at one of our local gyms. You have to be very careful here what you take photos of and there is absolutely no photography allowed anywhere children can be found in swimming costumes....they are very concerned about child abuse and protecting children's rights and I must admit before I came here I never really gave it any thought, but now I am quite relieved to know that no weirdo can be shooting pics of my darling daughter for sick and perverted reasons.

Nic was dressed in a little swim suit Tanya gave him a while back and the whole family spent a very happy 2 hours swimming in the heated pool...bizaar to think that outside the temperature was only marginally above freezing and indoors it was lovely and warm and Megs and Phil had a ball sliding down the slides and actually being able to act like children....health and safety in this country can be a bit strict especially when it comes to swimming and the older two do feel it, so they were delighted today when we found an activity not unlike South Africa.

An early night tonight in preparation of New Years Eve tomorrow....am feeling quite excited about it. Now that we are through, and coped really well with Christmas I am feeling very very positive about the future.....oh and the fact that my folks are scheduled to be here in about 4 months certainly helps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog today about your eventful year made me reflect on what 2008 held for me and all in all it was a happy positive year.Firstly you did a successful move to your new home in the U.K and are content and happy,our precious third grandchild was born after which I had a wonderful 2 month holiday in England with you all.Added to that I dont have to travel to work anymore and the cherry on the top was that Rod Stewart came to town!!!!!

mary said...

A NEW YEAR AWAITS THE ROBERTSON FAMILY & I AM SURE IT IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS YEAR.AS YOU HAVE TOLD ME MANY A TIME,LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS.LOVE & MISS YOU ALL. MARY