Sunday, 14 December 2008

Sunday 14th December 2008

I know I say this almost every week, but once again I simply can't believe that another weekend is upon us, or in this week's case already over. Not as busy a weekend as last, Friday night Phillip went to see Return to Africa with the Beavers and I ended up with two ladies popping in and staying for a cup of tea - it was lovely to have an impromptu visit and the house had a fantastic festive buzz in it all evening.

Saturday was the children's Christmas Fair at school and despite the pouring rain and icy weather it turned out to be a great success....I was in charge of the book stall which was right up my alley and Si kept me company for most of the afternoon while Phil hung with his mates and Meg manned her own stall in the Year 6 room. I was very very proud of my daughter, she had taken tremendous pride in her stall and decorated it with tinsel to make it look a bit more festive...by far the most "professional" booth in the hall and she managed to raise over 8 pounds which considering her game was 20 pence per go was no small feat.

Today we decorated our tree in the morning and Meg and I sat writing our Christmas cards together, things are starting to look up a little for the festive season and although we won't be home with family, our new friends have stepped up to the plate and invited us into their homes so it is Christmas Day with Kerry and Rob and New Year's Eve with Ligia and Rob....I am actually starting to look forward to it now and I am sure that once Si and I have wrapped all the presents and put them under the tree we will be right into the holiday spirit.

One more week until the children break up and Simon goes on leave which will be lovely - Si is on leave for the whole Christmas school holiday....only 2 weeks in this country (how weird is that) so we should get to spend some wonderful quality time together.

3 comments:

The housewife said...

Wonderful to hear that it was a success. xx

mary said...

Happy to hear that the Christmas Fair was a huge success,& that the weather didn't damper things.

I am happy to hear that you will be spending Christmas & New Year with friends.Knew you would have no problem making friends as you are a peoples person.

I won't be able to read the blog from the 18th as we are going away but looking forward to reading all the details on our return.Going to really miss reading it as it is something i do every day,no matter what.

Love & miss you guys, Mary

Beryldene said...

Well done Megs...she always has been our entrepreneur!...

Gf it's amazing how Christmas has a way of getting under your skin...even if you were dreading experiencing your first Christmas away from your family....but just think...another FIRST for the Robertsons...what an accomplishment...to think around this time last year you had been fighting painful gall stones, and now you have your little soul...lots to celebrate - lots to celebrate...