Is it possible to have too much of a good thing?
Definitely, or at least that is my opinion after another heavy snowfall last night crippled West Sussex and left my family snowed in once more. I think if you live in a country which is prepared for this much snow and each home is equip with the right tools for digging out cars and tyres are fitted with snow chains then it is okay, but little England simply isn't ready for this, and totally understandably too as it was in 1963 that this much snow was last seen on our beautiful island.
The schools are totally unprepared and the staff are simply unable to keep the campus's clear and safe for the pupils let alone warm the classrooms to a livable temperature, the train are running, but only to major centers and the shops are really battling to keep up with the demand for essential such as bread and milk.
We have built our snowmen, raced our "Lindaboards" and had about as many snowball fights as one family can have and now we are finding the weather cold and miserable and the grey skies with their foreboding of yet more snow are no longer a magical sight.....all that said however I have LOVED every minute up until now, but it is time for it to all go away for another year at least.
5 comments:
I think that is what really gets everyone down. It is the novelty at first but then just gets too much. Hang in there, you will survive!!
oh certainly too much of a good thing makes it a "not-so-good" thing!You know how much I love living in the bush - it is my heaven, but at the mo, even I'm questioning it. We lost our Lab,Wigz, to a snake bite last Tues, we killed a big Mocambique Cobra yesterday morning and had a Boomslang on the patio in the afternoon. do I really need this stress in my life?? Hang in there, the winter will improve! as the saying goes,"all good things must come to an end"
Have to chuckle cos we are still loving all the photos & dreaming. My brother & other family in wales said much the same as you - they are over it. Still I think its still beautiful & we are still sweltering hot.
There is an award for you on my blog :)
HI MY FRIEND.A PERSON CAN DEFINATELY GET TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.I MUST ADMIT THE HEAT HERE IN DURBAN IS UNBREARABLE,
ESPECIALLY FOR MY HEALTH.CAN'T REMEMBER IT EVER HAVING BEEN SO HOT HERE IN ALL THE YEARS WE HAVE LIVED HERE.
REGARDS
MARY
Post a Comment