Sunday, 3 January 2010

New Years Day 2010

Our lovely start to the new year continued through New Years day when old friends from Hillcrest, Dave and Sarah Van Heerde and their 3 children came down from their home in Ascot (+-1.5 hours North of us) to join us for lunch.

I think there are a lot of people back in SA who would have had a giggle to see Lin with the vacume cleaner and me with the dusters as we shot round the house getting it perfect for the Van Heerde's visit, but to Linnie and I it has become such old hat that within 30 mins the house was sparkling and the Mexican themed lunch was gently simmering on the stove....we really are becomming domestic godesses lol.


Stunning is not a descriptive enough word to describe our day together and the house was filled with good old South Africaniss (if there is such a word) as we shared our joys and frustrations, and spent a great time being together - all 8 children got along so well and Nick was often off playing upstairs with the big kids where they all took their responsibility to watch over him so seriously and he was loved and adored much to his delight.




Again such a lovely way to see in the new decade and I can only pray that the rest of the year is as happy as the start.

1 comment:

mary said...

HI THERE.YOUR HOUSE LOOKS SO MUCH BIGGER THAN WHEN I WAS THERE LAST YEAR.I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT NEW YEAR & THAT YOU HAD BOTH OLD & NEW FRIENDS TO SHARE IT WITH.

MAY GOD MAKE 2010 ANOTHER GOOD YEAR FOR YOU GUYS. LOVE & MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH, MARY

P.S. LOVE THE COLOUR OF THE VACUUM CLEANER