The weather is absolutely MAGNIFICENT at the moment and summer's like this make that long hard winter just a distant memory.....today I actually burnt sitting at Phillip's sports day and am now sporting a better tan then I did my last summer in South Africa, so who ever says the weather in England is shocking hasn't lived in my part of it.
Phil thoroughly enjoyed his sports day today and it reminded me so much of Waldorf in South Africa.....now for some that would be a negative, but I chose that system of education for my daughter and I believe in it whole heartedly so to now have both children in schools which are so similar is for me a total joy.
The spirit of the day was fantastic and the children where all having an absolute blast....yes there was an absence of strict uniform (they just had to wear any shirt in the colour of their house) and all the staff were relaxed and laughing, but there was no shortage of sportsmanship and team spirit and to watch all the houses supporting the children coming last and hugging the little girl with Down Syndrome who crossed the line a full minute after the rest of the children in her race brought tears to my eyes.
Mary leaves tomorrow so a final day of exploring the area before taking her up to the airport at 4pm for her long flight home.
6 comments:
what a lovely healthy way to view the sports day my friend - glad you enjoyed it all. I agree with you re the weather - we are also soaking up the sunshine and it is hot hot hot and so not the english weather i was always told about
What a great day & the children must have had such fun. so nice you support them so much - its the best. Some UK summers are too lovely & I am envious of your light till late. SA is back to dark mornings & its dark by 5.30pm these days. Enjoy
My kids too have a less formal sports day as for our schools it's more about the team spirit and fun than anything else. There are so few seriously sporty kids in Gabs that there is no real drive for competition. For my two of course it means sports' day is a delight in comparison to their school in SA where who won was everything! Although I think competition is important in later years, having fun is still the best! Glad you've got good weather, we're freezing! The crocs at the bottom of the garden are visible most days now as they try to soak up the sun which is a treat for us, but otherwise I've had enough of the cold! Love to you all, tell your Mum I send my love to her too!
Enjoy the sun as it has really been cold here the last couple of days. Sports days were always a treat and special when the teams shout their mates on.
For us it has been chilly & getting dark so early but it still beats the humidity at the coast anyday! I'm not sure I've heard of the Waldorf system but must look into it. Does it mean that it is more fun than serious competition? If so I think it would suit some children (like my one son) but definitely not others (like my other son) so there is definitely a place for it for the right kids ;-D
HI MY FRIEND.BACK HOME BUT TOTALLY CONFUSED & EXHAUSTED.EVERYTHING IS SO NOISY HERE.HAVE ONLY BEEN GONE A VERY SHORT WHILE BUT I MISS ENGLAND & YOU GUYS SO VERY MUCH.
I HAD AN AWESOME TIME,BUT IT WAS NOT LONG ENOUGH TO DO EVERYTHING THAT I MISSED (IF YOU UNDERSTAND).
NOW THAT I AM HERE I REGRET NOT DOING CERTAIN THINGS OR GOING TO PLACES.WILL HAVE TO MAKE A NOTE & DO THOSE THINGS WHEN I COME VISIT AGAIN.
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR AN AWESOME TIME. LOVE YOU GUYS LOTS
Post a Comment