Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Tuesday 16th June 2009

Mary has decided it may be worth running the risk of being an illegal immigrant lol - she has fallen in love with England hook line and sinker and today even took a shower upstairs while I was out with all the doors open downstairs and said she didn't feel in the least bit nervous.....she is adapting to our lifestyle very quickly and I think she wishes she was here for many more weeks as opposed to another 10 days.

As it is Megs birthday tomorrow, we shot down to Burgess Hill and Argos to buy her an Ipod Shuffel and Mary enjoyed experiencing a totally catalogue driven shop....definitely something she will never experience in SA and something I have to say I have only just started to get used to. Spent a lovely evening in the park enjoying a fish and chip picnic dinner treated by Mary and now it is early to bed as my mom arrives in England tomorrow morning to surprise Megs for her birthday....don't know if I will be able to sleep I am so excited and now that I know she is actually in the air I can hardly wait.

7 comments:

Rocker 38 said...

Oh what fun you're going to have with your Mom there too. Please give her my love too but most of all a very, very Happy Birthday to Megs. Have a great day from all of us in Bots!

linda andrew said...

awesome - what a wonderfull surprise for your daughter.......your mother is such a lovely lady and i am excited she is arriving in the country!!! enjoy it all my friend so happy for you

Cheryl Goodenough said...

That is so wonderful! Enjoy having family and friends to stay, especially as you celebrate Megan's birthday.

Gill said...

Fantastic! I'm sure Megan is going to be thrilled to bits. Hope you have a wonderful time together.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh wow, Megan is going to be in her element with surprises!!! Enjoy your mom being with you and hope Megan has a lovely birthday.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Oh how wonderful - hope Megan has the best day & enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Ella Swan said...

Wow that is fantastic for all of you! I used to shop at Argos when I lived in London for a year (a gap year...) and it was such fun! Sure I could take to the lifestyle pretty quickly too...