Saturday, 20 June 2009

To my daughter

Wednesday the 17th June was Meg's 11th birthday, and what an eventful day it was, but that is for another post.....this post is for you Megs, my beautiful daughter.

Megan, your dad and I are so proud of you, you have overcome so much to get where you are today, standing on the cusp of teenagehood and you have overcome it with such grace and determination - if I had half your courage my child I would be twice the woman I am today.

My wish for you Megs going forward is that you achieve all that you wish for and that you find a way to work through problems and face adversity head on. You have it all within you my love and you can do ANYTHING you set your mind too....never forget that every journey starts with one tiny step, so if you can find the courage to take that step the rest is easy.

Always remember how much your dad and I love you and I hope this next year is as awesome for you as the past one has been. Happy Birthday darling!

4 comments:

linda andrew said...

what lovely words - such love and support! we love you lots MEGS

Ella Swan said...

We have also had a birthday in our family this week! My little Girl Cami...still too sweet as the hormones are still a few years off! Wonderful that you two get along so well & she is such an admirable young lady...

Beryldene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS!!! Your Mom is so right - you are such a resourceful and capable child who has the ability to do anything you put your mind to. We hope you enjoyed your birthday and that the year ahead brings you much love, laughter and opportunity.

Love
The Stemps

Beautiful words my friend - fortunately for Megs, she has you and Si as her role models - how lucky she is!

Michelle Ramsay said...

What stunning words, they have brought me to tears. Hope Megan had a lovely day.