Saturday, 20 June 2009

A wonderful surprise

As I mentioned briefly on Tuesday my mom's arrival in England on Wednesday for Megan's birthday was a total surprise for both children and the looks on their faces as they saw Granny for the first time was worth all the planning we have been doing since February.

Both Megs and Phil are exceptionally close to their Granny and were beyond excited when it sunk in that she was actually sitting in our lounge - I have never seen somebody do a real double take before, but Meg's reaction was an absolute classic and I think made the long 13 hour flight worthwhile.

My children are the happiest little people alive at the moment and are literally floating around the house in a happy daze.

6 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Wow I could NEVER keep a surprise like THAT from my kids for Soooooooo long. Hats off to you girl! WHAT a gift for Megs ;-D Enjoy your special mum

Beryldene said...

GF - so glad that Gill is finally there! Think her and I were both counting the sleeps! Enjoy this time, and your wonderful, wonderful Mum - you are both such treasures - I feel blessed to know you both!

Jenny in Durbs said...

What a fantastic surprise ! Hope it made Megan's birthday extra special & you all enjoyed it. Just enjoy - life is good.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh, wow that is absolutely awesome. Enjoy those special moments and take lots of photos!

Gill said...

Oh surprises like that are the BEST! It must have been such fun....haven't you got a photo for us???

mary said...

The expression on both Megan & Philips face is one I will never forget.It was amazing & such a wonderful sight to see.I have got of memories from my trip to England & this will be one of them.

Love you guys, Mary