Monday, 15 June 2009

Monday 15th June 2009

My friend Mary arrived yesterday morning from South Africa and boy were we spoilt....unpacking her bag was great fun and I am afraid weightwatchers went right out the window as she presented us with all kinds of lovely treats from home - beacon chocolate marshmallow Easter eggs have never tasted that good :-)

Spent today exploring Crawley....well the bead shops there at least.....and then did some shopping at Tesco's as we had received a £50 gift voucher when we signed up for Sky TV and Megs and Phil were in desperate need of some new pj's and summer clothes, such a pleasure to essentially be able to replenish all the summer have to haves basically for free (and yes £50 goes a looooooooooooooooong way). Realised for the first time, thanks to Mary recognising the Cherokee label that Tesco's must have some type of connection to Pick n Pay in South Africa and now that I look at it, the packets are even the same - scary I have lived here for 13 months and never made the association before lol.

6 comments:

linda andrew said...

shopping is soooooooooooo theraputic - and doing it for free is even better !!

so glad you are having such fun with your lovely friend and everytime you glance down at your watch you can think of this time you had together.

Rocker 38 said...

I can't believe how grown up Megs is. I went to Matthew's sports day last week and was absolutely overwhelmed by how grown up kids are at 11/12 these days. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a fuddy-duddy but eish, I was such a baby at 11! Megs is certainly turning into a lovely young lady and reminds me so much of her mom when I met her at 13! Doesn't that freak you out just a bit that the first time we met, we were just 2 years older!

Ella Swan said...

Even my 9 year old is difficult to shop for now. Kids these days have a very clear-cut picture of what they like & don't like. Glad you got spoilt with SA treats ;-D

Michelle Ramsay said...

Shopping for me is always fun. Enjoy your time with your special friend and don't eat all the treats at once!!!

Gill said...

Sounds like you're having fun. I am counting down the days to seeing my BFF who now lives in Guildford, so your post brought a smile to my face. We have been asked to bring Fling chips, Woolies speckled eggs, Kahlua and strawberry pops ;-)

I'm also really glad to hear that 50 pounds stretches a bit. Our saved Rands didn't translate to too many pounds I'm afraid!!

mary said...

HI ANDREA.HAD A BLAST AT THE BEAD SHOP & WILL DEFINATELY GET MORE WHEN I VISIT AGAIN.CAN'T WAIT TO START MAKING NEW NECKLACES,ETC WITH THE BEADS I BOUGHT.THERE WAS SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING TIME FOR ME & MAKING ME FEELING LOVED & WELCOME.IN YOUR HECTIC LIFE YOU STILL MADE TIME FOR ME. THANK YOU.YOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION.

PLEASE TELL YOUR MOM I FEEL THE WAY SHE FELT LIKE WHEN I WAS THERE & SHE WAS BACK HERE IN S.A.

MISS YOU, MARY