Thursday, 12 February 2009

Thursday 12th February 2009

Omg what a wonderful, happy and exciting day.......I have made contact with one of my oldest and dearest friends again and all through the wonderful medium of this blog. Now you have to understand, Nita and I have been in each others lives for like forever and we had lost contact since I have been here, (thanks to the hateful horribleness of BT e-mail....but don't even get me started on that one) but today thanks to a comment she posted on yesterdays blog we are reunited and I am literally skipping around the room grinning like a mad woman.

A second piece of wonderful happy news is that we have found a minister who will dedicate Nicholas for us in our garden at home and my wonderful cousin Andrew and two closest friends Tanya and Linda have agreed to stand as his godparents. We will be having him dedicated when my parents visit later in the year, but feels good to know that it is at last actually being planned and we are not just living in limbo.

I have to confess however to a small bit of sadness around this event as my wonderful brother-in-law Brett is godfather to both Megan and Phillip and had we remained in South Africa he and his wife Charl would definitely have been Nicholas's godparents as well, but in the absence of family I am so grateful for true and wonderful friends who I know will love and cherish little Nick as much as we do.

6 comments:

Rocker 38 said...

Now that I have explained the importance of this blog in my morning routine, it was awesome to get to work and find an update! It really spoils my day when I have to wait until later.. a cup of coffee is just not the same without your news. On the subject of friends and families, I know how you feel about having loved ones far away but I believe very deeply that friends are the family that we choose for ourselves. On our travels we have met and come to love such special people that it is mind-blowing to think that they are not my blood relatives. They love our children (and us) as passionately as we love those that share our bloodlines and their love and support has made a huge difference in our lives. My children have surrogate aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents that have made their lives that much richer. If we open our hearts and minds to the fact that love comes in so many ways, from often unexpected sources, and allow others to fulfil those roles when our own families cannot, the world is a much better place for our kids. So, here's to friendship, adopted families and all the joy that they bring to our lives!

Beryldene said...

hey GF...

I LOVE IT when you have diamond days!!!..diamonds are after all, a girl's best friend!! So glad you and Nitz have found each other again...is that why you've got "Dancing Queen" playing?? LOL!
Well I thought I would pop into blog land super quick...busy week..missing you stax..
B

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey glad to hear your wonderful news its so important to keep contact with friends - they are special people. Have a diamond weekend as well & enjoy everyday.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Being in contact with special people is great - glad you got in touch again.

Enjoy the "diamond" day!! that is the best.

Ella Swan said...

So happy for you to have had such a wonderful day. Here's hoping your weekend will turn out just as beautifully & you & your man will have a wonderful Valentine's day ;-) Don't worry about the scrapping. Right now you are doing a wonderful job as a wife & mother & with all the housework none of us would have spare time to scrap either XX

mary said...

hi my friend.Every day is a "diamond" day for you,as you are a UNIQUE, one of the kind Diamond.

Miss our chats & visits so much & can't wait to see you.

Lots of love, Mary