Saturday, 7 February 2009

Saturday 6th February 2009

Not entirely sure what has happened to the snow, they certainly keep forecasting it, but as of yet we have only had wet cold weather and none of the lovely soft white stuff that we have so been looking forward to.

Weather aside today was another diamond.......woke this morning to the sound of the doorbell ringing and there was the postman from Royal mail with a lovely fat envelope addressed to me from my mom....yes here the parcels are delivered to your door on a Saturday by a very friendly man on a bicycle all dressed in red at 7.30am.

Needless to say it didn't take long to rip open our pressie and discover it included a gorgeous new jersey and two beanies for Nic, a wonderful beanie for me, a moms and babes cd and a perfect little baby feeding spoon for Nicholas - felt like Christmas, receiving little treasures from South Africa always brings great excitement to the house and lifts the spirits for the whole day.

At 11.30am my friend Tanya came to collect Nick and I and we headed off to The Chequers in Slaugham (Sloth-ham) for lunch with the girls from my NCT group - it was lovely to see Josie again as she has returned to her teaching job and we have decided that a boozy lunch in the pub once a month is just what the doctor ordered......well not really boozy, we all had one drink - but hey ho who knows we can always hope lol.

Nick and I arrived home literally in the nick of time to catch Si and the big two heading out to Burgess Hill. We dropped Megan and Phillip off at the Odion to watch Bolt the new animated Disney movie and Si, Nick and I went to coffee with Kerry and Rob for a couple of hours. How lovely to feel comfortable enough to leave our children alone in the movie house.....yes armed with mobile phones and strict instructions that they were not to leave until Daddy got there to fetch them, but a wonderful feeling for both us and them and they have come home filled with confidence and feeling so proud of themselves.....another big FIRST for England.

Dinner was bacon and eggs cooked by my precious dh and the rest of the family is now settled watching Indiana Johns......another good weekend in Enland me thinks.

7 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Thanks for the comment, really "put myself out there" with that one & haven't had much feedback so feeling a little insecure about it, lol! I've never been as indecisive as I have about the tatoo thing & now you've got me thinking again...

Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear that today was a diamond day....so nice when everything is perfect and you go to bed knowing that, whatever tomorrow brings, you will cope with it refreshed

Anonymous said...

Looking great in your new beanie...love it!

Michelle Ramsay said...

For me, receiving mail is always exciting and I agree,coming from "home" it is even better.

You are looking great and I love your beanie.

Looking forward to your new venture reveal!!!

Beryldene said...

GF!!!!!!!!

It's you!!!!!...lovelovelove LOOOVE seeing pics of you especially..makes you seem that much closer!..SO thanks for knitting the beanie Gill!!

Love your beanie..so you..sniff..

Bee

linda andrew said...

i aodre your beanie - i want one please gill - in browns and creams - tee hee - hey if you dont ask you dont get hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i am serious - send my parents the bill - i dont care - i just want one !!!!!!!!!!! i alsowant to look cute and pretty in a beanie

Anonymous said...

After that amazing weight loss Linda I think you deserve a beenie so as soon as I have finished knitting Simons jersey,I will knit you a cream and brown one as requested