Spring is definitely trying to arrive and today the temps actually topped out at around 14 degree allowing Phil,
Nick and I to walk down to the village wearing only jerseys and without the 3 layers of clothing that we have become so accustomed to. The days are also getting longer and the sun is up by the time Si leaves for work at 7.30am only sinking again towards 5.30pm which is more like a normal South African winter day to us and is therefore much easier to cope with.

I have no doubt that we will probably experience another couple of cold snaps before the true change of seasons, but remember the little yellow flower which I photographed in the snow? Well they are now literally everywhere and their beautiful little faces together with our first sighting of a squirrel since the beginning of winter has the whole family's spirits high and even Phil finds himself drawn to looking at all the specimens of crocus growing wild on the estate.



Of course I couldn't resist a couple of photographs, I haven't seen a flower for months so these are definitely something to celebrate.
7 comments:
It's amazing how those little flowers change everything isn't it!
Hopefully we will see loads of them in the forest today.
Can't believe they grow wild! Ar you allowed to pinch some for your won private garden??!! Well, to me, it seems like your winter is over before you know it, but it probably doesn't feel like that to you,lol!
pretty pics - ja for sure it is warming up and i havnt worn a coat for days now - just a warm jumper will do us fine - yahooooooooooooo new season to experience and enjoy
The flower pics really appealed to me.I can just imagine how divine the common looks covered with a carpet of colour.
What stunning flowers!
Its such a reflection of changing seasons & new beginnings - your photos are gorgeous as ever. Thats one thing I do miss is the change of seasons as nature intended just doesn't happen in Durban.
Wow, the flowers are stunning.I wish I could pick a few for my lounge., Mary
Post a Comment