





Just before 8am we received word that the children's school had been closed due to the dangerous roads and it was all systems go for a Robertson Family Home day. Leaving Nic asleep upstairs with Si, the children and I went racing out to the common to see how deep the snow was and there we met Stuart one of our neighbours and the chairman of our governing body, and what a fortuitous meeting it turned out to be as not long after we had returned home for breakfast Stuart was knocking at the door holding a traditional Austrian wooden toboggan which he has lent us for the remainder of the winter as he was sure we hadn't bought one with us from SA....what a kind and generous thought and both Si and I were incredibly touched by this gesture. Needless to say it was a matter of minutes before we were out again trying it out......I even had a go, and screamed all the way down the hill like a girl I must admit, but what fun and even Si was convinced to come outside for a bit to try it out.


Snowman building was also in the order of the day and we built one in the morning before our walk into town for milk (unable to drive as the roads so bad) and one in the evening.....our second one was a real masterpiece and we were so proud of him - unfortunately some local louts took it upon themselves to knock him down the minute we had crossed the road to go home, but what can you do.......at least we had the joy of spending time as a family building him. Other then the three in the park who crushed Mr Frosty everyone was so friendly and chatty and there was a real holiday feel in the air, such a nice community spirit.


9 comments:
What lovely photos - I love your "through the months" photos - a very clever idea! I live in West Country, and our snow arrived this afternoon, and we're expecting more overnight! Not sure my son (who is 16) will be sledding though!!
Wow, what gorgeous photos as usual Andrea - you have a real talent...sure you must be itching to scrap them! What an experience for you to be out tabogganing! Hope you can get nice & cosy when you're indoors though & are managing to bear the cold.
OH WOW WOW WOW WOW - can see you had as much fun as us here - lovely photos - you sure managed to capture the atmosphere and the COLD - my goodness!!! just knowing we have snug warm homes to come back into afterwards keep you out for longer - dont you agree?? what would we do without central heating????? glad you were all able to make a memory in the snow together - first of many i hope
Awesome photos!!I loved the one of the 2 children sitting on the taboggan sharing a special moment,such different expressions on their faces..I wonder what it was all about.
Absolutely awesome photos & what fun. I must admit to really wishing we could be in the UK to experience that snow - just amazing. Enjoy this wonderful opportunity.
OMG gf, loved your multimedia sms - makes me think of all the times we went up to the Midlands in search of snow.... No comparison. Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. XXX
Stunning photos and what fun you all had!!
Love your comparison photos - certainly make very interesting viewing and will be divine once scrapped.
Gf...your photography has once again captured the magic of this whole experience so wonderfully....
You are so right about the seasons in England...they are all so vastly different with a beauty all of their own....
Awesome...sorry I am awol much of the time, but time is such a precious commodity at the moment...
OMG, looks like the family had a ball in the snow...NICE!
Post a Comment