Monday, 16 February 2009

Saturday 14th February 2009

After a delish roast chicken for dinner last night Si and I decided that chicken mayo rolls were just what the doctor ordered for lunch......but problem, English mayonnaise tastes like......well nothing really, it is totally devoid of any flavour and we HATE it - it is literally the only thing we hate about here, but fortunately the problem is easily solved by a visit to the closest South African shop for Cross and Blackwell Tangy mayonnaise.

Having made a couple of phone calls however I quickly discovered that our two closest shops were out of stock which necessitated a 40 minute drive to New Haven to the SA shop there (couldn't just give up on the mayo, that was simply not an option lol). Stocked with 3 jars of mayo, 2 large packets of niknaks, some dry wors, 10 fizzpop suckers and all the ingredients for a peppermint fridge tart we we thought we may as well make the drive really worthwhile and explore the area a little bit.

Ended up taking a stroll down to the beach where the big two couldn't resist dipping their toes into the icy ocean and I got to enjoy taking some photographs of the sunset.....there were some really dramatic cloud formations which made things a little more interesting, and of course a day out wouldn't be a day out without the obligatory family shots again made a little more interesting by the sunset.

6 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Wow, you really must tell me exactly shat make & model your camera is! I'm sure most of it is down to your "eye" for photography - the photos are breathtaking...have thought that you shoucl have a look at some of these photo-books available through the internet, by companies like Shutterfly. You upload your photos to their gallery, etc & they compile a real book of them for you & post it back to you. Could be an option til you can get back into the swing of scrapbooking ;-)

Rocker 38 said...

You truly have discovered a calling Andy, your pics are magnificent. I've never been a fan of England, but those make even me want to visit!! The pics of the kids are so sweet. When are you heading to warmer climes though so they can get a bit of a tan! Looking at them through my Botswana-eyes they look so pale coz my two are as brown as berries, they look like they spend all day playing instead of actually going to school. Matthew is having formal guitar tuition again and I'm blown away by how talented the little man actually is. Kelly is just Kelly, reading up a storm and playing every sport she can! Once BT let us through I'll send you some pics of them cycling. Am convinced that one of them will one day cycle for Botswana!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome girl...love them.z

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so special because of all the time and effort that you put into photographing all aspects of your new life.Flowers, children and views all stunning!!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Awesome photos!!

Nothing like tasting things from SA!!

mary said...

Hi there my friend.I totally agree with you.There is no mayonnaise that comes close to Cross & Blackwelle.Isn't it weird that we all have our things that we will move heaven & earth for.I will not use any other mayonnaise other than C&B & will only use Mrs Balls chutney.No matter the cost, that is two things I will not change for anything or anybody.

Your friend from SA Mary