Friday, 20 February 2009

Friday 20th February 2009

Are we really already almost at the end of February.....time is just whizzing by and I simply cannot believe that in 5 days time I have been living in England 9 months.......our first year anniversary is just around the corner and I think we are going to have to have a bit of a party to celebrate making it this far.

The children have been on half term break this week, basically they are at school for no longer then 5 weeks at a time and then have either a "half term break" or a full holiday - wish I worked like that were I could have a week off in every 6 - eish and they want to grow up.

Megs has been out gallivanting since Wednesday and only returned home (with plenty of attitude let me tell you) at around lunch time today......I am please to say that I soon sorted her out and we were back on SA standard in short time. Spent the afternoon at Wakehurst place with some of my friends and I was a very proud mommy when one of the curators came to tell me that my children were the most delightful and best behaved that had been there all day - and it was saying something as over half term there are literally 100's of children there at any one time, so once again VIVA LA SOUTH AFRICAN PARENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

linda andrew said...

looking forward to it my friend - will go look on sunday for sure!!

Ella Swan said...

You are loving it but it is driving me insane with curiosity! When we first got to SA the shopkeepers at Gateway also said the same about our kids (we had to visit a lot of home stores, etc, to kit out their rooms). Keep the kids in check there like you are - mine try & play up here every now & again & we take swift action, confiscating cell-phones from teenagers, etc. I always tell them that being their parent is my first & foremost job, being their friend comes second!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Congrats on your great parenting. Always nice to get compliments like that from people!

Can't wait for the big reveal.

Beryldene said...

Shew..2009...where is the time going indeed....what a feeling when you are blessed with wonderful feedback about your kids...especially when you're a Helicopter Mom - giggle....