Monday, 28 June 2010

Weekend 26-27th June 2010

Summer showed it's beautiful face in England this past week and temps averaged about 28 degrees all weekend. We started the weekend off with a celebratory dinner for Megs at Pizza hut and then Saturday morning started for me with a lovely 30 minute drive north through the country side to the little village of South Godstone for a photoshoot.

The family where gorgeous, their home stunning and I must say I had a very happy hour photographing them - with my new camera a lot of the pressure of the shoots is off as I now know I can guarantee results and I was able to totally relax and just enjoy myself doing what I love most.


While I worked, Si was at home preparing the family for an outing to the beach and as soon as I arrived home we set off for our 1hr20min drive to West Wittering. It is amazing how no one ever complains about the distance we have to travel to get there, the beach is just so beautiful and we were still down sunning ourselves at 7pm that evening.....an icecream on the way home followed by Macdonalds completed a very relaxed and special family day.

Sunday Phil had a birthday party and then afterwards we spent the afternoon cooling off in the lido at the Triangle in Burgess Hill. Nick Nick is getting used to the idea of swimming and it was very difficult to convince him it was time to go home at 6pm....the sun was still shining brightly and it was hot so telling him it was nearly time for bed met with stony resistance :0)

A very content family settled down to dinner on our terrace before an early night for all. Weekends like this make it all worthwhile!

4 comments:

Marcelle said...

The weather sure is perfect hope it lasts for at least the whole of July....lets hold thumbs..

Love the photo's ~ all perfect, those kids are adorable...I can see you having fun with your new camera..I am loving mine as well...loving it!!

Ella Swan said...

I saw on your weather widget what beautiful weather you were having! Love the photo of the little "cowboy" ;-D

linda andrew said...

gotta love summer in england....especially on a beach!thrilled you had fun in the sun.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo Andrea!