Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Wednesday 2nd June 2010

When Cayne and Linda were with us at the beginning of May we met some ex-South African friends of theirs who live nearby and today the girls and I got together at Wakehurst Place with our children for a picnic.

The children hit it off immediately and were quickly walking ahead talking over each other and making so much noise that I decided a nice far away meadow I knew about was good for our visit as they would then be able to really let their hair down and play "South African style" without running over any elderly garden visitors.

Lunch time....such a perfect picnic


Turned out to be the right decision and the kids had an absolute BALL - they literally played in the trees for 5 hours only appearing very occasionally for a drink or bite to eat. Angela, Amanda and I sat on our picnic blankets in the sun (yes it was actually shining lol) and chatted like we have known each other for years - really really glad we made the effort to get together and something we will definitely be doing again in the summer hols.

New best friends....such a lovely day together

Hot sweaty boy...but look at that smile, absolute bliss after 5 hours running around like a maniac

Nick and Phil playing together once we got home....couldn't resist filming them :0)



And after the games, just can't keep up with the big boys


3 comments:

Marcelle said...

Nothing as nice as South African company when you living away from home...I treasure it.

Ella Swan said...

Aaaw Andrea! Your blog looks beautiful! So sorry for being away so long. I have had quite the time of it here but am happy to be back & thanks for not giving up on me ;-D Gorgeous photos too as ever...Looks just beautiful. Wish I could find a safe spot like that here, not over-run by you know who!!!

Sara said...

Hi Andrea,

Now I hope I have the correct Andrea (who I've met through my blog :) and did some blog searching of my own to hopefully have found you!

I see that you're "across the ocean" and love that I will be able to get a little glimpse into glamorous English living (to us Americans, anyway ;).

Thanks for the hello and I look forward to reading more posts!
~Sara