Saturday morning I was up bright and early and off to a photography festival at our local photographic shop - what an AMAZING day, they had loads of specials on offer and I was able to attend three fabulous workshops with top working photographers......and best of all I came home with a new Nikon D90 complete with 18-105mm lens and 55-200mm lens.

As my regular readers will know my grandfather passed away late last year and I decided to use some of the money he generously left me to buy my dream camera - as those of you who also follow on facebook will know, I wasn't entirely sure what that dream camera was, but after lots of "touching and feeling" the Nikon was the hands down winner and as it is the case on paper as well after reading lots and lots of reviews I am very very happy with my purchase.
After the festival it was up to Justin and Amanda's home in Tonbridge (about an hours drive North East of us) for a good South African braai with Gary and Angela who we have met before and three other South African couples all now resident in the UK. A stunning stunning evening where new friendships were cemented and once again the children all got on and played till well after dark.
So relaxed in such a stunning setting

Justin turning his vuvusela into a yard lol
This morning was a very very late start as we finally got home after 11pm last night but as the weather was once again lovely it was off to the Viljoen's for a last minute bbq this afternoon where Kerry, Shelly and I took all the kids down to the park for an hour while the men chilled and chatted in their hot tub.Best of mates
Always a character, Nick has developed a sunglasses fetish and spends his life putting on any pair he can lay his hands on lol
Beautiful to walk behind all the children heading for the park and hearing them laugh and chat together
One of those weekends where I find myself sitting contented and peaceful as the sun starts to set ......lovely memories with lovely people in a lovely country, what more could I ask for (well maybe my parents and loved ones back in SA, but hell, we can't have EVERYTHING)








9 comments:
so so so so happy for you my friend - i can hear your smile when i read your words, what friend wouldnt want that !!!! thrilled about your awesome camera, what a wise way to spend the money you were left! Such a pity we lived too far to pop over for those SA Braai's.....but i guess thats life.
oooops my daughter was still signed in when i commented above!
Enjoy your new toy...your new best friend...
Its such a joy to be able to share with friends. I love your new camera. Your photos always show such fun emotions. Hope your summer this year is just the best ever till next year LOL.
Hi there Andrea,
You have a lovely blog. I have just spent an hour reading through some of your posts. It's always good to read about fellow South Africans living in England, enjoying life here and experiencing everything.
You are probably wondering how I came upon your website. Well you posted a comment on Kerry's wrightaboutnow.com website. I set up her blog when they moved here from East London, South Africa. I am from the same town in SA and we studied and worked together. I often login to Kerry's website to update plugins, moderate comments, and ensure their site is running well.
So I have approved your comment and I am sure Kerry will be in touch!
It must be a sign though that I looked at your website today and saw that you have purchased a Nikon D90, the very same camera I am about to purchase. Perhaps you can email me and let me know how much you paid for the camera and those two lenses. (I am guessing the one lense is a 55-200mm not 55mm-250mm). I haven't seen that lense around unless it's something other than Nikon. But if you could let me know the price for the above, it would be much appreciated. It's the exact lenses that I am getting as well. I would hate to spend more money on the website, if I can get it less else where.
Keep well,
Mike
Hi Mike, send me your details and I will get in touch, tried to find your through your profile but with no luck :0)
Just answered myu question here thanks re:- your lenses. You lucky girl! Did you get Nikon ones or Tamron? I really need to get the longer one next. Lovely photos as ever ;-D
I bought the Nikon kit with the two lenses Helen and yeah they are FANTASTIC - really recommend the 18-105 for portrait work it is great!
These pics are fantastic, I just love the one of Nic sitting in the window, bless him (am I sounding like a Brit)? LOL.
New camera, if anyone can put it to good use its you, enjoy. My is a little dusty :(
Post a Comment