About a week ago Megs came home with her final report of year 7 and although it looked very good, not having been raised in this country I was unsure as to how the grading worked and where she was in relation to the national average for her age. The comments that she received across the board where filled with praise and words like hardworking, responsible and considerate were used by all her teachers and Si and I were both very pleased with her progress this year.
Tonight was the annual parent/teacher/pupil review where we, along with Megan, were able to meet with as many teachers as we liked and discuss her progress though this year and what they believe she is capable of for the remainder of Key stage 3 and then finally for her GCSE year.
Speaking to them really made us realise how far our beautiful little girl has come and just how much hard work she has done this year. Her teacher's are expecting her to sit in the upper streams in many of her subjects from next year and she is expected to achieve A's and B's in her GSCE year with A*'s (the highest grade available) in Science and Maths. They feel a university entrance is well within her grasp, and that she isn't allowing her dyslexia to be any hindrance to her at all.
Simon and I came away thrilled beyond description at what she has achieved and really believing that with the support that she has received since we arrived in England the sky truly is now the only limit for Megs.
WELL DONE BABY GIRL!!!!!
5 comments:
Well done GF...both to you and Si for being the wonderful parents you are, and to Megs, for her hard work and commitment:-)....SUCH AWESOME AWESOME news....!! Megs is clearing coming into her own...
Fantastic & well done to all but especially Megan.
As a mom I just know how proud you both are of Megans achievement considering she has dyslexia - I really admire her for her achievements and not letting anything stand in her way. Well done to you and her.
Wonderful for all of you - Well done Megan!!
Well done Megan, I can also say this has been a great move for Erin academically.
Post a Comment