Thursday, 10 June 2010

So very proudly South African

I found the clip below on facebook and the minute I heard the beat tears started rolling down my cheeks. This song for me is about so much more than the Fifa World Cup which starts tomorrow in South Africa.



This song symbolizes hope, strength, passion, rhythm and so so many more things that are truly South African - I don't believe that there is a "Scatterling of Africa" anywhere in the world right now that is not 100% behind our Mother nation and so so proud of what it has achieved.....just because we no longer live on the rich soil under the searing sun does not mean we have forgotten the truly unique flavor of Africa.

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

I love this song as well...its playing on the German radio, that is where I heard it first.

Rocker 38 said...

just so sad for me how many of us have had to look for opportunities and safety outside the borders of our birth country. i am still so very lucky to enjoy all that Africa has to offer with fewer of the negatives. Take care my far away friend. wish you were close enough for a glass of wine! xxx

TheUnSoccerMom said...

thank you for sharing!! my family is very excited about the World Cup!! My daughter is traveling to Sweden in July to participate in the Gothia Cup. She is super excited and we feel honored she is getting to play! :o)