Thursday, 3 June 2010

Thursday 3rd June 2010

The children are on half term break this week and I had promised them that if the weather cleared we would hit either the beach or one of the local Lido's (outdoor swimming pools).

Westville pools was always a great favourite with our family and the children have many happy memories of long days spent there. We have been trying to find something similar for sometime now and as Lido's are quite difficult to find in England it has taken us a while. I suppose due to the weather and the cost of running them many of the Lido's have now closed and even the one we visited today in Brighton is in danger of being shut for good.

Sun worshippers


The water was a bit too cold for Nick to swim, but he loved messing around with the big children's goggles :0)


The big two both had friends with them and as the pool wasn't terribly busy they were able to run and jump and bomb, the management were even relaxed about photography and it was so nice to be able to sit in the sun and watch the children really playing. Unfortunately as it is so early in the season the water was still terriby cold but it didn't seem to put too much of a damper on the day and of course the obligatory ice-cream at the end of the day had a smile on all their faces.





2 comments:

Marcelle said...

Was the sunshine not WONDERFUL TODAY??
To feel the sun on my body again...bliss I tell you.

I have this freakish thing about public swimming pools...I go to ours in town but only lie in the sun and when really desperate swim, but hate it!!

linda andrew said...

oooh no we love love love them - looked like a nice one - thrilled you had a stunning time - the pics look awesome