Last night during a skype conversation with a dear friend, she commented on how the Robertson family has simply blossomed since we have been here, and I just love that thought.....we really have blossomed, not only has our family grown by one precious member, but each and every one of us has grown in wonderful and not always expected ways.
Megan has turned into a little English rose and has more friends here then she has ever had before, she has slimmed down tremendously and with a totally fresh start she seems to have finally "found" herself and the freedom and independance afforded her here has turned her into a mature and responsible little lady....and today (and I know I really shouldn't put this out there for public consumption, but in the interest of accurate fact keeping) she went off to school wearing a bra for the very first time - and the scary bit is that she could actually fill it out and it wasn't just for appearances (I only needed a bra at about 12 for heavens sake). It was a very bittersweet moment for me and I shudder to think how her precious father is going to react when he realises......our perfect beautiful baby girl is turning into a woman.
As for Phillip, well as I mentioned a few posts back, he has turned over a whole new forest never mind a new leaf and has just had himself nominated (by a teacher) and elected (by his peers) onto the student council at school for this next academic year - there are two children per year on the council and they are responsible for making decisions on behalf of the student body and act as a go between the headmistress and their classmates, a very responsible position - so to those teachers out there who never believed in or liked Phillip, see what he can do, and to those few who saw through all the bravado, thank you, your faith in him was not without merit.....Mrs Maclearnan, he has done you proud!!!!
As for Si and I, well our marriage has gone from stength to strength as we have had to turn into each other rather than to others for advice and support and both of us are more relaxed and spontaneous then ever before which is having a noticable impact on our children. I don't recommend immigration to all, and certainly not for the wrong reasons, but to us, as I have said so many times before I am starting to sound like a broken record this adventure has been the best thing ever!!!!
1 comment:
As i have told you more than once,i could see the change in the two kids that left S.A. each time pictures were put on the blog. Megan grew up so quickly & blossomed.Just looking at her should tell you that the choices you guys made were the rights ones.
As for Phillip, he has also just shot up & getting more handsome by the day.
You & Simon has always been a match made in heaven & I envy you so much.You love just kept growing in S.A. & is doing the same there.
You guys are the best parents any child could ever ask for.
Love to all. Mary
Post a Comment