Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Tuesday 9th September 2008

Sunday we shopped....I know it sounds like we do that a lot, and I guess at the moment we probably do, but this time it wasn't for furniture (much to Simon's relief, no more items to build, it was for much needed winter woolies - the temperatures are dropping by the day and the time has finally arrived when even Phillip puts on a jersey when he goes out, (and those of you who know him well know that he almost never wore anything resembling a jersey even in mid winter in SA) we have also tested out our central heating a couple of times and I think mom is actually starting to count the days until she is out of the cold and back into the South African summer.

While the children and Simon went to watch Kungfu Panda at the Crawley Cineworld, Mom, Nicholas and I braved the crowds at Primark and came home armed with bags and bags of new clothes at extremely affordable prices, and my first parking fine (stamp foot and kick small furry creature in frustration), I simply cannot believe that I forgot to pay the "Pay and Display" parking and ended up spending a cool £50 instead of the £2.40 had I actually remembered aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Monday passed uneventfully, but extremely pleasantly with coffee in the morning with Cathryn and in the afternoon with Tracy, lovely to be starting to make friends and have coffee dates again, it is one of the things I miss most about Hillcrest. This morning kicked off with tea and jam donuts with Kerry and then mom and I spent the remainder of the day at home chatting and spending some one on one time now that the older two are back at school.

As for Nicholas he is 6 weeks old today and we are yet to see that smile - he is an extremely serious little boy, but I guess that is allowed after the start he had.....delighted to say however that he is now a rather large little boy and is rapidly developing the "Robertson Baby double chin". Spent another happy afternoon snapping away with the camera and below are some of the shots I got....quited chuffed with them - a very photogenic bunch of kiddies if I say so myself.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Andrea

Now that you are back to scrapping, how about sending some of my BOM Challenges in ... tee hee ... since you have SOOOO MUCH TIME (NOT!) ... don't stress - know you are overwhelmed with {LIFE} ...

Lovely LO's - glad you are getting back into it and are settling down so well.

Your kids are gorgeous - little Nicholas still looks like a little grandpa - just so adorable - makes me kinda broody (did I just say that? - must be mental).

Take care.

Love, Tracy G

Michelle Ramsay said...

Aaw those are such cute photos. Yes, Nicholas is rather serious. Love the one with him sucking his older brother's finger!!

mary said...

wow,you really manage to capture great pictures.love the family one even with the double chin & all.Nicholas looks as if he is carrying the world on his shoulders.the one with him sucking his big brothers' finger is also so cute.

Is it really colder there than here in S.A.

Don't think that the weather will bring your mom home any earlier as I am sure she is loving her time with here grandchildren.

Love to all & regards to your mom. God bless Mary

Beryldene said...

my friend...i love love love these pics...your Phil (our Phil) is turning into a handsome young man indeed!...sigh...and as for that bundle..he is just tooooo adorable with that chin LOLOLOLOL!..oh Mom!

Missing you.
Bee

linda andrew said...

i am silenced by these photos - wow - what a handsome family - you are so very rich in all the right ways - you cannot put a price tag on healthy children - and when they are this gorgeous hell man its like buy one get one free feeling at a woolworths sale