Monday, 29 September 2008

Monday 29th September 2008

The first morning without mom and as I have said before, a huge hole in the house where she should be. The children have stayed at home today as we arrived back from London so late last night and they were so exhaused that Si and I decided they deserved a pj day to recover. My new friend Catherine (a mom at the children's school) arrived at 10h45 armed with chocolate cake to check in on me and we had a lovely visit which provided a much needed diversion. Floors have been vacumed and clothes have been washed and I am about to start the ironing, so I guess as they (who ever the hell they are) say, life goes on.

Nicholas has reached the two month mark today and it doing very well...he is smiling more now and although he still sleeps a lot during the day (and not much at night), when he is awake he is absolutely delightful and charms all he comes into contact with.


Am feeling much better than this morning having spoken to mom and found out that she is home safe and sound and feeling good, also had a long chat with Beryldene and that is always enough to brighten my day, so the soul is restored and I am back in business!!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh, Nicholas is just getting so cute!! He is truly adorable.

Glad all is well and everything restored - nothing nicer than a good chat to a friend.

mary said...

Hi there.Think the blog for Nicholas is a brilliant idea but would like updates on Megan & Phillip if possible.Glad to read that your mom has arrived home safely.

Can imagine that the kids would have been exhausted from the previous day & as I have told you more than once,you guys are great parents.Lotsa luv Mary