Today would have been my paternal grandfather's 104th birthday and although he did live to the ripe old age of 89, I guess it would have been a bit of a push to wish that he was still alive today....whenever I think of him, I always remember a true English gentleman and I guess living so close to where he was born and raised brings him to my mind even more often.
Grandpa lived with us for 17 years and I will never forget sitting on the arm of his white recliner while he tirelessly read me the stories of Winnie-the-Pooh, or his white bread and polony sandwiches made lovingly for me every afternoon after school - he was one of life's real treasures and I was exceptionally blessed to have had him so closely involved in my life for so long - I just wish he could have met my children, I think Megan's love of books would have bought him great pleasure and he would have been exceptionally impressed with Phillip's ball skills, having been such a keen sportsman in his time.
It is wet and rainy here today and we are beginning to feel the first touches of autumn in the air, the leaves are starting to change colour on the trees and the village is taking on a whole new look which I will photograph shortly.....if I remember to charge my camera batteries (to those of you who know me well, you will know the impact Nicky is having on my life if I have managed to let all the batteries in all my cameras run out and actually went out over the weekend without a single one - Simon did of course turn around and go back, but the fact that I actually left them behind says it all)
2 comments:
we forgive you,it is only natural that Nicholas would come first & is far more important than worrying about batteries.you must enjoy & treasure each & every moment that you can spend with him.really looking forward to more pict of the whole family.regards to your mom.take care.God bless,Mary
Grandparents were the best. I remember my grandfather used to tell us stories and they were so interesting.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your area and the changing season.
Post a Comment