Thursday, 4 September 2008

Thursday 4th September 2008

Back to school this morning and I can't tell you how totally weird it was to watch my children go up a grade in September.....talk about confusing, it is a new academic year but we are only 3 months away from Christmas. Megan is now in year 6, which is her final year of junior school in this country and Phillip has just started year 3, both seem very comfortable and confident with the new year and Meg has come back a library monitor and Phil a IT monitor so both are as pleased as punch.

Nicholas had to have his kidney ultrasound today and I think it was the first time ever that they needed 3 people to hold down a 5 week old, I had his head and arms, a nurse had his legs and the radiographer was trying to deal with a squirming tummy. They kept commenting on what a strong little man he is. Anyway the ultrasound came back fine and there was no sign of any problems with either his kidneys or his bladder so that was wonderful news.

We also visited the clinic this morning and Nicholas has gained another 400 grams so is now 3.9kgs and growing like a little weed - don't have any idea of his length or head circumference at this stage, but the health care worker will measure those when I see her in a couple of weeks, the sister at the clinic did comment on how long he is though so I am expecting some pretty dramatic changes when next he is measured....high quality milk if I say so myself.

The weather here has definitely started to change and winter is well on it's way - I am going to have to invest in a warm jacket pretty soon and we will have to make a journey into one of the larger towns to find some new clothes for the children.

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

That is such great news that all is fine with Nicholas.

Can still remember the feeling when my children went off to school for the first time - it never goes away!

Looking forward to seeing your layouts, now that you have some time to scrap - keep them coming.

mary said...

so thrilled that the tests were all positive.am so happy to hear that Megan & Phillip are thriving - as expected.Tell them how proud i am of them.Give my regards to your mom,love to Simon & the kids.Lotsa luv Mary