Sunday, 7 February 2010

Sunday 7th February 2010

Man am I tired.....this weekend I worked for friends Kerry and Rob in their catering business called Heaven Scent. Now as those who have known me forever will know I used to own my own catering business in South Africa years ago and thought I was prepared for a weekend serving lunch, dinner, breakfast (I didn't go in for that one) and lunch again, well I wasn't :0)

This is not serving like we do in SA where someone else carries the crates and loads the dishwasher and clears the cutlery and wipes the counters and mops the floors and empties the rubbish bins etc etc etc - Kerry and Rob (and me this weekend) do it all and let me tell you it is incredibly hard work and I was so proud to stand beside my friends and hear the compliments shower down on them.

Kerry and Rob are amazing people and they run a sharp and professional business with superb food that was served on time at every meal and without any stress or fluster - for 65 people and with only the three of us doing literally EVERYTHING....I am humbled by their positive attitude to hard work and inspired by what you can do when you set your mind to it!

A good weekend even if my muscles are aching from the strain ;0)

3 comments:

Marcelle said...

Makes one appreciate how much easier we had life back in South Africa. I see it with living in Germany as well..no Sofie to come wash the windows and do the ironing for me, its ME...

linda andrew said...

i agree Marcelle - my goodness me it is all up to us to do the hard dirty work behind the scenes and the serving and the cooking and and and - well doen guys - hard work always pays off.....doesnt make it any easier!!!

Ella Swan said...

OOoh hard work indeed but sounds like fun nonetheless...I don't know how anyone lives without household help {& I am a neat-freak so not hard to clean up after & have trained my kids the same} but at least the mopping & washing & ironing are done by someone else. We do the dishes every night though cos I reckon it keeps the giant Durban cockroaches at bay ;-D