Once again Simon and I have been BLOWN away by the miracle of Freecycle - today I collected a safeway 3 wheel pram in wonderful condition complete with rain cover and cosy-toes (essential in England in Winter) and a baby car seat (similar to a snug and safe) and it didn't cost me a cent - I am constantly amazed by this throw away society and can honestly say I have taken full advantage of some amazing stuff while we have been getting on our feet.
Decided to take the new lighter weight pram out for a "test drive" and enjoy the spring weather this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed a cream tea at a gorgeous quintessential English tearoom in our village - on our walk I was DELIGHTED to see the first of the crocus pushing through, a sure sign that Summer is finally on the way, and not a moment to soon, it has been a very long, very cold and very grey winter this year.
Went round to Catherine's in the early evening for Si to help her put up a few shelves and the evening developed into an impromptu dinner with Chinese takeaway and a bottle of wine - often these unexpected evenings are the most enjoyable and tonight was no exception, despite the difference in age our kiddies all get on exceptionally well and Catherine is without a doubt one of my closest friends so it was great for our dh's to finally get some time together as well.
A good weekend so far - definitely a diamond!
1 comment:
Here in SA getting second hand items seems to be a "not the right thing to do", but in the UK, you can really get some great bargains or freebies. Glad you are sorted. I have to agree the impromptu things are always the best especially with friends.
Post a Comment