Friday, 19 February 2010

Friday 19th February 2010

Nicholas and I have been spending lots of time this week with his friends and their moms and the more time we spend together the more grateful I am for these girls in my life - they really have changed my reality in England and without them I sometimes wonder if I would ever have truly settled. Our friendships are growing beyond our babies and I can honestly say I now have a network of wonderful woman in my life that I am so grateful for.

Growing up so fast - Mia, Max and Nick Nick

Snack time - Max, George and Nick Nick


Nick and his mate Max playing together



Received a letter from the Identity and Passport services today saying that Nicholas was not eligible for a British passport and let me tell you it was like my world came crashing down around me - I have been waiting 12 months exactly for his South African passport and the thought of more time groveling in the South African embassy in London was more that I could bear, specially considering we have plane tickets to Spain in August and the staff at South Africa House are so completely unfriendly, unhelpful and to be perfectly honest racist.

Spend an hour on the phone to my mom whilst she tried to console me and convince me that we could get things sorted when she arrives in 3 weeks time. On putting down the phone it rang again and the voice of an angel told me there had been some mistake and Nicholas is in fact entitled to British citizenship and his passport would be processed today and will arrive early next week - well more FLOODS of tears (only this time of joy) and utter utter relief - only 3 more of the family to go and we will all hold dual citizenship, no more South Africa House for the moment at least - shew, my hands are still shaking!

5 comments:

Marcelle said...

Congratulations thats wonderful news!

Michelle Ramsay said...

What cute pictures. Well, typical South Africa. But glad it has all worked out well in the end, must really be a huge relief.

Jo said...

Phew i was about to say... he was born there!!!! Thank goodness its sorted.

Well done on the weight loss, i am jealous.

Nick looks soooo like your DH

Jenny in Durbs said...

Fantastic news & enjoy every moment. Its really just a matter of having faith oh & loads of patience !!1

mary said...

HI THERE.I GO THROUGH THE BLOG EVERY DAY BUT DIDNT REALISE THERE WAS A SHORT MOVIE OF "MARY'S BOY CHILD" RUNNING.CAN'T BELIEVE IT.HE IS SO ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS & I WISH I COULD JUST PICK HIM UP & GIVE HIM A BIT HUG. TAKE CARE, MARY