Friday, 30 July 2010

Thursday 29th July 2010

My gorgeous baby boy turned two today and I simply can't believe how quickly the time as gone. It took me 7 years to convince Simon that we needed to have another baby and through all that time I could never give him a better reason than that I just knew that there was a soul waiting to be born to our family.

How can a person resist his happy face....

Which is NOTHING on his cross face lol - a new party trick we have learned ;0)


Nicholas has been such a blessing and has enriched all of our lives so much, he has brought us together as a protective unit around him and he brings laughter to our home on a daily basis. I have watched Megan and Phil flourish with the responsibility of being his older siblings and I can see through him the AMAZING parents that they will both be one day.


Tanya, Sam and Tom joined us from Whitley Bay in the North East of England to celebrate his birthday and Hilary, George, Tanya, Tabi and James made up the local contingent - sadly most of his little playmates were unable to be at the party for various reasons but we still managed to make the most of it and had a lovely lovely celebration.


Washbrooks farm, with it huge playground, has become one of mine and Nick's favourite hang outs and as it has both an indoor and outdoor play space it made the perfect venue for his party, being able to handle any weather conditions. The playground had loads of little tractors around together with 4 trampolines and almost too many jungle gyms to count - really is the perfect place to play.


In keeping with the venue I chose a farmyard theme for his party and had lots of fun before hand making the decorations. My friend Tanya has a business making birthday cakes and handled Nick's cake for me this year in the absence of my precious mom....to say it was a HUGE hit is the understatement of the century.


Fortunately the weather was kind to us and after a picnic lunch the children all spent a very very happy couple of hours playing and celebrating with Nick. The party finally ended when the birthday boy could simply no longer keep his eyes open and fell asleep in my arms on the tractor ride.


A perfect day was closed off with a long distance present opening session with Granny and Pappa via skype and once again modern technology was able to close the gap on such an important occasion.

Such a successful day!

4 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Congratulations and happy birthday Nick. I too can't believe that it is 2 years since I first met you at the Scrap Kits conference and you were still pregnant. He is really such a cute child and you can see how much everyone loves him. The photos are lovely and those cupcakes are gorgeous.

linda andrew said...

thrilled for you my friend. all looks so perfect for the birthday boy!

Anonymous said...

What great photos, cannot believe he is already 2, where does time go to...

Beryldene said...

oh Ands look like you had such a WONDERFUL time.....I also remember when this little man was just a twinkle in your eye my friend and now he is a big part of your heart and yur life....

Love love love your pics my friend....

Wish we could enjoy these moments together...thank goodness for blogging!! :-)