Early Saturday morning I jumped on the train up to London to meet up with Tanya, Larissa and Paul, (two friends from Rhodes days) and what a treat it was. It was stunning, if sometimes surreal to spend time catching up and enjoying the city together. As it is Larissa's first time in the UK, her and I let the veterans (Paul and Tanya) lead the way and we simply wondered from coffee bar to pub until we finally arrived in Trafalgar square in the midst of the London Pride Rally.
Paul, Larissa and Tanya in one of the coffee shops on our route
Lunch was in a gorgeous London pub out in the sunshine....wonderful!
Paul, Larissa and Tanya at Pride



I am all for new experiences and Pride was precisely that, it was vibrant, flamboyant, thought provoking and absolutely buzzing. I get a real rush from being somewhere, doing something I would never have expected and being amongst 25 000 people in Trafalgar square certainly counts as on of those moments - something I definitely won't forget in a hurry. We ended the afternoon with a lovely varsity style debate in a quaint pub just off the square and as Larissa said, so much has changed and yet somethings were just the same - Thanks guys I really had an awesome time!
3 comments:
so happy for you - nothing better than time with friends and to sit and chat about yester year is always great fun......your open mind is good and allows you to experience new and different things in life.
That all looks & sounds wonderful! Great that you got caught up in a good vibes event per chance too!
GF!!!...i am back....see you've been having some downtime doing yummy touristy things!...i just loove catching up with friends from the past....looks like you spent some quality time together....:-)
Post a Comment