Friday, 27 November 2009

Friday 27th November 2009

I am just so proud of my daughter......Megan's secondary school hosts 2 "learner reviews" per year where the children (and their parents) get together on a one-on-one basis with the tutors to discuss the children's progress so far and set goals and targets for the next 6 months.

Well today was Megan's review and I was just so pleased with her progress thus far, she has really applied herself this academic year and is so far achieving above average in all her subjects- the children are not given a quantitative result at this stage (that comes next term) but are rather graded on their attitude and behaviour and whether or not they have met the curriculum standard thus far.

Megan scored the highest possible on all three counts across the majority of her subjects (9 in total), so we are VERY proud parents ....math's is the only area of concern but it was so heartening to be in a school where I could actually discuss her support program and KNOW that something will actually be done about it, the missed 18 months of education really seems to be rearing it's ugly head in this area, but with luck we will be able to get it sorted out sooner rather then later.

Well done my Megan, you really have shown that with the right support there is no stopping you!

2 comments:

Gill said...

I haven't been blogging or reading blogs much of late, but this afternoon I am sitting down and doing just that. It was lovely to catch up with you and read all about your trip to SA and Megan's achievements - it's so gratifying when our kiddies achieve through their own efforts isn't it :-)

mary said...

WELL DONE MEGAN, YOU MAKE US PROUD. KEEP IT UP.

MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH

MARY