Sunday, 1 November 2009

1 November 2009

What a hectic week - well not hectic in the rush around way, but a bit hectic in the stressy "eish" kind of way.....on Wednesday afternoon my precious Nicholas decided the computer was taking up far too much of mommy's attention when he wasn't feeling well and gave it a little kick....right off my lap and onto the floor.

Needless to say the computer didn't survive, and both Meg and Phil were quite surprised that Nick did as they were convinced I would have killed them if either of them had done it (lol I really am not THAT bad)....anyway that sorta set the tone for the next couple of days while I waited with baited breath to find out if all our data would be recovered off the damaged hard drive. I am delighted to say a full recovery was done and I am now happily back typing away and doing my best to ignore the general weekend chaos that is my home :0)

The children have had a lovely half term and Megs has been in a busy social whorl for most of it which is really really lovely considering a little over a month ago she was finding it quite hard to find her space socially at her new school. Megs is back to school tomorrow and then Phil on Tuesday...Si is on leave from Wednesday and Nick is with his day mother on Thursday so dh and me are planning a lovely romantic date day....about time and we DESERVE it ;0)

3 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Aaah you sure do deserve it...congratulations at your awesome planning to pull that one off! And eish! to the computer thing...that must have been a hairy few days waiting...

The housewife said...

oh yeah - my CD drive is brokn and 3 keys ripped out. hope you get it sorted.

xx

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha I can just picture Nicholas pushing the computer off your lap!!!! Glad all is okay though. Pleased that everyone is settled down and enjoy your romantic day - waiting to hear what you did - well part of it anyway!!!