With that in mind Mom and I did lots of shopping and money spending together, she taught me how to make beaded Christmas decorations and it was lovely to just talk and catch up and spend time together. I was also able to spend good quality time chatting to my dad about our life in England and it was lovely to actually see him again after such a long time......to be able to sit and chat and enjoy our dogs and cat together was a great gift and definitely food for the soul.



Wednesday night we joined the Dolloways for dinner at the Blockman (ex Butcher's Block) in Pinetown - oh my word, I was in heaven and I certainly wish I had ordered a 400g fillet steak rather then the 250g which I devoured with great relish.....you simply don't get meat like that in England and certainly not at the price we paid for our magnificent dinner. A good memory and so wonderful to spend time with such good friends and family, Kerry and Kevin have ALWAYS been there for us and it felt like old times being together again.
Thursday morning Bee fetched me at 7.20am for breakfast at the Beat in Hillcrest....both Bee and Tracy had cleared their calendars for the day and it was incredibly special to sit and chat and laugh over coffee before heading out for a pedicure and day at the Pavilion (complete with Wimpy Cheeseburger for lunch of course) - the only thing missing was Linda, our little group had a huge hole without her but we communicated via text through the day and she was so with us in spirit.


Words cannot describe what being with these two woman again after 18 months was like for me, as an only child they are truly my sisters and it was food for the soul to spend time with them and in both their homes......I think if I could just convince them to come and live in England life would be perfect :0)

Friday morning was a bit of a last minute dash around for Mom and I before spending the afternoon with Mom's friends....all the ladies in my life that I have known forever and who I think of when I think of the significant people in my life - it was awesome to spend time with them and catch up and again it was another restoring day for me.

Saturday came all to quickly and after a relatively quiet morning at home packing and a quick coffee with Bee and Mary I was off to the airport to once again start my long 24 hour trip across the globe.
A very short trip, but one which has restored me no end and given me the strength and courage to continue on our journey here ....an unexpected gift amidst a great sadness.
5 comments:
lovely post my friend......i looked at every single detail in the photos and wished i had been there with you girls - thanks for thinking of me and for keeping me up to speed of the days events via texts.....i had you on my mind all day long and could almost hear the giggles from here...as for the wimpy cheese burger...yum yum when i sent the text saying i just KNOW whats for lunch and to hear as i sent it you were there having it made me smile how well we know each other .....
Hi Andrea,
So sorry to hear about your grandfather, but absolutely wonderful to hear about your fantastic trip back to SA. Well done for making the most of it. And I can just taste that Wimpy burger!
Love Cheryl
Despite the sadness, you certainly had a great time and revived your soul, being able to spend time with family and extended "family". Girlie time is always the best and just seems to lift the spirits. Glad you had a great time. Hope you trip back was a good one.
GF....what an experience...one minute you were a million miles away and the next you were right here, sipping tea beside us. Surreal i tell you. So awesome to know that no matter how far apart we may be in body, in soul we are and always will be as close as if you lived right next door:-)
HI MY FRIEND.HOW I WISH I HAD BEEN IN DURBAN TO JOIN YOU AT THE WIMPY & FOR A PEDICURE.UNFORTUNATELY MY GRANDSONS IN E.L.NEEDED ME MORE. IT WAS WAS HOWEVER GOOD TO SEE YOU, EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY FOR A SHORT WHILE. YOU REALLY LOOKED GREAT.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.MISS YOU GUYS LOTS, LOVE TO ALL, MARY
Post a Comment