Saturday, 2 May 2009

Sunday 2nd May 2009

Just a very brief post.....move has been LONG and EXHAUSTING and I am glad that it is almost over - have told Si at least a million times this week that I am ONLY moving again when it is into our own home.

Monday the weather was very difficult and it rained the entire day...poor Si and Rob were waiting for breaks in the rain to bring the furniture up the stairs and I think they were both very very relieved when the final load was eventually in the house. I have spent the entire week unpacking and sorting and let me tell you it is not an easy task with no help and when you still have to keep the home running

We are spending the afternoon (Saturday) with Kerry and Rob and enjoying a lovely braai and (for me) some much needed blog time (lol)....it is a long weekend here with a bank holiday on Monday so it will be nice to have Si and the kids home with me and Si's sister Jann will be arriving to spend a week with us which will be stunning.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Welcome to your new home - trust you will all enjoy it and be very happy during your time there. Been thinking about you slogging away.

Beryldene said...

GF - you did it - another obstacle and hurdle, and as we have said before so many times, what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger, and you as a family are becoming pretty resilient I think!LOL!!

SO good to hear that your move is sorted and that you had time for some R & R.....I think it's at times like this that we almost need to take things ONE HOUR AT A TIME....

Thinking of you...

Love
Bee

Ella Swan said...

Yes, moving is very exhausting. Especially with no help. I had no-one here to help me unpack & it took me 3 months to finish a 40 foot container. So not funny in the Durban summer - end January! Looking forward to all your catch up news - you must be hating being off-line - or perhaps it's a relief!?