I am back on line.....woooohoooooo......and very very pleased to be here, blogging has become such a part of my day to day life that I have felt a huge gap this last week and I am delighted to be back tapping away on my keyboard while life in our new house gently goes on around me.
The move, as I indicated in my last post, was very hard, but it is over now which is the important thing and we are happily ensconced in our new home and so far I have not had a moments regret at my decision (well maybe a slight fleeting moment sometime late on moving day when every muscle in my body was aching lol but not since then). It turns out all of the four flats in the house are occupied by families with children, two of which are delightful little boys who have turned out to be great playmates for Phillip and he is spending some lovely happy hours out in our stunning communal garden enjoying his new friends.
Many people have asked me why on earth I felt the need to move when we were very happily living in a spacious 3 bedroom home with no apparent problems and apart from some not too hectic financial reasons I think it boiled down to the fact that I had never chosen our first house and as such had never had the totally emotional "gut" reaction to it. My dear friend Bee always talks about loving where you live and I so get that and now I do, love where I live that is.....when I moved to England I never really imagined living in a 1960's new build and although it ticked all the boxes on paper our first home was simply no comparison to our new quirky character filled Victorian flat and I am so so grateful I decided to look at one more property :-)
The first week in our home has also been an eventful one as not only did it see the 1 year anniversary of Si's arrival here but one of my sister-in-law's is also spending some time with us while her partner is doing business in Germany....it has been indescribably stunning to have family here and Jann and I have literally spent hours and hours and hours chatting about everything and nothing (if that makes sense), I have LOVED having her in my home and little Phillip has taken to her in the most amazing way, she is so patient with them and spends hours on the floor in the afternoons playing board games and pick up sticks so she is definitely a firm favourite. Jann is a singer/songwriter and this has Meggie absolutely enchanted.....this afternoon they even spent a couple of hours writing songs and "recording" them on Jann's Dictaphone so Megs is in her element, especially as her uba talented auntie actually thinks she shows latent promise as a lyricist.
So all in all a string of diamonds recently....see I am already putting the nightmare move out of my mind lol and really looking forward to to the summer and all the excitement and promise it brings.
6 comments:
welcome back. Have so missed your news & it sounds as if all is well in your new house. Have a wonderful weekend & enjoy your summer it looks to be a super one.
GF - it's amazing how accurate our gut feel can be for the most part - you can now also tick one more thing you've always wanted off your list, namely to live in an olde worlde home! I love that you have a few more diamonds to add to your tennis bracelet - diamonds that you hand picked by choosing your attitude....
miss you more than you know
Bee
Wonderful to have you back and lovely to hear that you are so happy :)
finally !!!!! welcome HOME
Great to hear from you again.I was in a state not receiving any news from you for so long.Happy to hear that your move went off as well as can be expected.
Must have been great to have a family member there for a visit.Am sure you guys had an awesome time.Amazing how quickly time flies.
See you soon, Mary
Glad you are back. I would HATE to be off Blogger for too long,lol! Can relate totally to what you mean about the house. You are now living the authentic English life ;-)
Post a Comment