This blog hasn't been so much a diary of our life in England over the past few days but more of a journal for my thoughts as they are occurring.
There is a lot of press here at the moment about a family who very tragically lost their 2 year old son in an freak accident at a fun fair in North London last weekend. Instances like this one really highlight that life is simply too short and I have no doubt that that poor father is just wishing he had done something differently that morning....that he had decided on the beach rather then a visit the fun fair or that he had chosen to have lunch in a different area of the park, or not stopped to chat as he had when his little one managed to escape and in this instance run right into dangers way.
We really don't know when we are going to speak to or hold our loved ones for the last time and we take so much of the time that we have with them for granted....I know that I am guilty of this and am inclined to ask my family to wait while I fulfill my other commitments, but should the unthinkable happen I know that it would be a regret that I would live with for the rest of my life, and so with that in mind I am determined to stop and smell the roses more often, to spend time celebrating the wonderful souls that have been sent to spend their time here with me, and to try and just live one day at a time instead of 3 weeks ahead as I usually do.
5 comments:
You have hit the nail on the head - I am guilty of that as well, and I do now try and take the time to appreciate those around me and also to try and not to be so serious!!!!
Hey GF...
Just got back from Zinkwazi - and let me tell you, you were so there with me GF - the butterflies were ALL OVER ME, and if you think people don't get you and the bee story, GF people wondered why this crazy woman was running all over the beach chasing butterflies in absolute RAPTURES!
I LOVE YOUR POST, and the way you are always striving to see the bigger picture in life and be better at living it....well done my friend, and thanks fort he reminder...
I also often think there will be lots of tomorrows, but in reality we need to remember today is our gift & make the most of it. Who does though ? so as you have reminded us I will do more. Have a great week.
Easier said than done but I hear you - we are always jolted back onto the right track when one of these freak accidents occur - we can only pray for our family's safety as often as we think of it!
HI MY FRIEND.SO SAD TO READ BOUT THE 2YR OLD THAT DIED.WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
I THINK THAT EVERYBODY IS GUILTY OF NOT STOPPING TO SMELL THE ROSES & APPRECIATING WHAT THEY HAVE.JUST READING THIS HAD MADE ME DECIDE THAT ALTHOUGH I WILL BE THERE IN ENGLAND VISITING YOU,I WILL STILL PHONE HOME JUST TO REMIND THE LOVES ONES HERE IN S.A. THAT I LOVE THEM & AM THINKING OF THEM.
SEE YOU SOON, LOVE YOU LOTS, MARY
Post a Comment