Thursday, 21 May 2009

Thursday 21st May 2009

Megan had her country dancing at school this morning and it was lovely to sit outside in the warm sunshine and watch the children celebrate the arrival of spring with many traditional English country dances including the year 6's around the maypole.

Megan had an absolute ball and was smiling from ear to ear whilst her baby brother also thought the whole thing was great and sat mesmerised though it all. I even had a chance to dance around the maypole in the Mother's dance - another first for England....such a lovely morning!

Bought my train ticket to Whitley bay this afternoon so the trip is now official.....yippee just two more sleeps until Nicholas and I head up to Tanya for the long weekend.

4 comments:

linda andrew said...

so so so so excited for you - really hope you have a fantstic time. travel safely and enjoy it all

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh that is great - lovely when children still do this type of sport.

Enjoy your holiday!

Ella Swan said...

I keep hearing about this long weekend & wondering what the occasion is or perhaps they are just having an extra day off to give people a break? Seeing that maypole I am amazed that tradition is still going on - looks like the kids would love it though!

Beryldene said...

Love the whole maypole idea - can just imagine it was so up Megs' alley!

GF hope you donned your pink bling jean PANT for the dancing!!!