Sunday, 10 May 2009

Jann

Simon took Jann and Rodney to the airport yesterday after a lovely braai out on our terrace and I can definitely feel a Jann sized hole in our home....I have never spent more then a day with my sil before and I have to say I LOVED it, we clicked and connected on so many levels and although I have felt like one of the "Robertson girls" for many years I think this trip has definitely cemented my sisterhood with her - we seemed to share a similar view on so much and I can honestly say that we had one long opened ended far reaching never boring conversation which flowed day after day and often into the early hours of the morning.

The whole family enjoyed having her in our space and spending time catching up and I suppose for the siblings it gave them an opportunity to "get to know" each other again....we didn't DO much in the tourist manner of things but rather spent time talking and walking (we averaged 7000 steps per day on Jann's pedometer) and Jann was able to experience our life in this sleepy English village.



The children seemed especially touched by her time here and Phil commented this morning that he wished Aunty Jannie hadn't left - he seemed to establish an almost instant and deep connection with her which I am sure he will remember for a long time. Jann's tireless listening to Megan writing and "recording" of her song was also a big hit and Meg has now asked for a dictaphone for her birthday so that she can follow in her very talented aunts footsteps.....Jann was in many musical productions in South Africa and continues to explore her amazing ability through songwriting and her website designed to market and promote South African talent http://www.yourart.co.za/


Such a lovely trip, I am going to miss Jann in my space and hope that we will see her again before too many years have passed.

5 comments:

linda andrew said...

shame my friend - she sounds like an amazing person, glad you got to spend all this quality time with her - it seals a realtionship.

um ok thanks for those photos - but where are the ones of your house - hey hey hey - we all dying to see it!!!!!!!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

What a lovely set of photos & memories. Its so good to connect with our family & friends on a special level. You are going to have a bumper summer with all your visitors....enjoy every minute.

Jo said...

I love these pics - but then again you know that I always love your pics.

Ella Swan said...

What great family snaps. You really need to scrap & frame these! Glad you get along so well with your sil - I have one like that & it is great ;-)

Beryldene said...

And's how awesome that you got to spend this quality time together with Jann....like food for the soul GF.

Miss ya
B