Friday, 8 May 2009

Friday 8th May 2009

As I sit this evening watching my precious family all watching Kung Fu Panda and laughing out loud as only the Robertson's can do I am struck by just how lucky I am to be surrounded by such amazing souls......

Megan, the old soul, has been here before and is filled with an inner peace and calm certainty that astounds me - I am certain that she has been sent into my life to teach me something and at times I definitely feel like she is the parent and I am the child. Megan has coped with this move probably better then any of us and she is growing up to be a responsible, compassionate, generous and sensible young woman.

My Phillip, I believe, is here on his first journey and his soul is excited just to be alive....where there is Phillip there is joy (and noise and huge amounts of energy lol) - I don't know what I would have done without this little person in my life, he reminds me often that life is about living in the moment and even in his most exhausting moments his love of life is infectious.

Nicholas is still too young to have fully formed his character, but again I believe that I have been blessed with another old soul.....this little boy has a wonderful calm about him that soothes me in my most harassed moments and I find people watching him mesmerised where ever we go as he seems to have something about him that attracts attention and melts hearts (and no I don't think it is just his chubby cheeks and thunder thighs lol).

As for the man I chose to spend my life with....WOW....sometimes I can't believe how lucky I have been - yes we argue and we have had our rocky patches and steep mountains to climb, and at times we drive each other utterly mad, but at the foundation is a strong loyal love that I believe will see us through it all. Simon the father is a phenomenal man and I fall in love with him over and over again when I see him playing with our children and holding our baby boy feeding him his bottle with that soft "daddy" look in his eyes.....sigh.

Moments like this remind me why we are here, it is not about the money or the material success, it is about connecting with others and sharing our lives in meaningful ways.....it is about raising the next generation in a loving environment and giving them the tools to carve their own way in the world, the rest is all just stuff and if we can find a way to let some of that stuff go I think that is the path to true peace and happiness.

5 comments:

linda andrew said...

wow - that was awesome my friend - we truly are rich and blessed to have the husband and children we have - well done for pausing in the day to reflect and take stock of what we have - to voice our gratitude and journal it down is HUGE - there is so much power in the spoken word - to commit to print is massive - well done for being so real and vulnerable enough to sense what you have right there under your nose.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED THAT !!!!

Jo said...

Glad to hear that you are happy and appreciating all the good stuff. All the best in your new home.

mary said...

WOW, is all i can say.

You,yourself are an amazing woman,wife & mother. And to me you are the most precious & rare diamond & friend one could ever ask for. Mary

Beryldene said...

Ands,

You are an incredible family, and as the mother is always the heart of the home I love and admire the way your fulfill that role in your family - WOW. I love your reflection in this post - and that you are able to reflect on the NOW...and have such a wonderful perspective on what is and isn't important in life.