Friday, 7 January 2011

Friday 7th January 2011

Can't believe how much we have accumulated in the last 21 months....I have had to concede to Si that I am in fact a hoarder and really don't throw anything away (until we move that is). I am going to try especially hard in the new house to dispose of stuff more regularly but with a loft, who knows what I will be able to stash away.

We are visiting the house tomorrow for a final measuring of all the rooms for curtains beds etc and then we can collect the keys on Friday the 14th to start moving in. Shopping for paints tomorrow and now have the floors and white good ordered so doing well. Have packed about 8 boxes so far but it isn't even a dent, Si and I are going to have to really get stuck in this weekend.

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

New Year, new house. What a wonderful way to start the year.

clare said...

Put the kids on a train to us for a few days hehe.

A few tips, mark your boxes clearly and not on the top of the box on the sides, and if you have the energy make an excel spreadsheet of the contents and then number the boxes. Seriously helps and you can unpack slower because of the lists.

MelB said...

How exciting! I LOVE to move house and would do it every year if I could. Such great opportunity to start over - create new spaces and habits. My husband thinks its very weird...but then he lived in the same house his ENTIRE life and I moved almost every year as my dad was in the navy!

Cant wait to see what you guys do with the place!