Saturday, 15 January 2011

Saturday 15th January 2011

I collected the keys from the estate agent yesterday and words can't describe the feeling when I walked through the door for the first time in order to meet the plumber who was coming to service the boiler. Si and I had never rented before moving to England and there is something about owning your own home that gives you a real sense of security and belonging.

We were up early this morning and at the house to start painting before 9am....all three children got involved with the painting of boy's room and before long the dull beige walls where a lovely cheerful blue.

Unfortunately energy had started to flag by the time we reached Meg's room. She did give it her best for a while but ended up heading off to the local swimming pool (which is within walking distance) with her friend. Nick Nick had also had enough by this stage so after a quick trip to Crawley to collect more paint, I was forced to return home with him for the afternoon while Si returned to the house to finish painting our bedroom and the stairwell.

Meggie has the smallest room in the house and I was delighted when she chose the new Dulux Luminescent Paint which has light reflecting particles in it and really lifts and lightens the room. I am hoping to go back with Si in the morning to wash the upstairs carpets and get cracking finishing off the children's bedrooms.

5 comments:

Marcelle said...

Blessing in your new home...how exciting...

Valkyrie said...

Congratulations on your buying your home in the UK! I love the sound of that luminescent paint. Is it widely available?

Lynette Jacobs said...

Looking great...I love the photos of your children doing their bit...very scrap worthy;-D

Andrea said...

Thanks MacNessa, it is a Dulux product and we purchased it through B&Q....it's full name is Lumitec Space and Light....it really does what the marketing says, I am very impressed and it comes in quite a few pale colours xxx

Rhian Claire said...

looking lovely but you also all have to ENJOY it and not kill yourselves! Yes, I am talking to you madam! Take it easy Rome wasn't built in a day! So so happy for you all - you will be blessed and HAPPY in your own space! Hugs