Monday, 10 January 2011

Questions and Answers

I am in the process of editing my blog in preparation for printing and I came across the following "questionnaire" that I answered in January 2009 and thought it would be fun to repeat the process 2 years on.....

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?

Tobogganing in 18cm of snow

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
Didn't make any in 2010 but have plans to keep the ones I have made for this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin's partner and 4 of my closest friends here in England all had their second children

Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately not, but a close friend lost her precious grandmother.

What countries did you visit?
South Africa

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Patience

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16 October and seeing my dad again for the first time in over 2.5 years and 22 December when we signed the final contracts for the purchase of our new home.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being a wife, mother, daughter and friend and still keeping a little bit of time for myself.

What was your biggest failure?
Fortunately for me 2010 wasn't really a year of failure.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, and occasional cold or cough but nothing serious at all

What was the best thing you bought?
Our house and my Nikon D90 camera

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The big children have both made a HUGE effort at school this year and I am very very proud of both of them.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Julius Malema's - I have been very sad at some of the things he has said and done in South African politics in 2010 but fortunately living so far away I am not directly affected by his madness.

Where did most of your money go?
On our house.

What did you get really, really excited about?
My 4th pregnancy and the purchase of the house....so lovely to know we will be in our own home in 2011

What song will always remind you of 2010?
I am dreadful with remembering the names of songs and artists....so can't think of a single one right now

Compared to this time last year, are you: a happier or sadder? b thinner or fatter? c richer or poorer?
Happiness on a par (has been an excellent 3 years); fatter (but hoping it is all pregnancy related) and richer, if not in money than definitely in love and relationships.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Family outings, we were a little complacent in 2010 but intent changing that going into 2011

What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying....I tend to be a worrier and it turns out so much of what I worried about was really insignificant in the big scheme of things.

How did you spend Christmas?
With the Viljoen's as we have for the last 3 years - our family in the UK

Did you fall in love in 2010?
I have loved my husband every day for the last 20 years so no need to fall in love in 2010

What was your favourite TV programme?
The Mentalist and Greys Anatomy

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't believe in wasting energy hating people, it only hurts the one doing the hating.

What was the best book you read?
Really enjoyed Windsong by Tamara Mckinley but can't say I have a fav as read far too many.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Am still stuck in the 80's so a real saddo

What did you want and get?
MY OWN HOME

What did you want and not get?
Not a thing I can think of, even got to see my dad, so a wonderful year!

What was your favourite film of this year?
The Twilight series....have a bit of a crush on Edward I have to admit

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
37 and spent a lovely evening at Zizzi's while Kerry watched the kids for me.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hearing my parents where coming to live in England ;0)

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Boring...intend a fashion makeover once this little cherub has arrived.

What kept you sane?
My husband...he really is my rock

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Patterson (Edward from Twilight)

What political issue stirred you the most?
I haven't really followed politics too much in 2010, just doesn't seem to be time

Who did you miss?
My parents, even though we spent 2 wonderful weeks together in October.

Who was the best new person you met?
Don't think I met anyone new in 2010, the people I have got to know in England are all becoming old friends now.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
There is a "price" for everything in life, you just have to decide if you can "afford" it, and if you can then find happiness in your decision and focus your energy forward rather than backwards.

No comments: