Going through the blog editing it for printing has reminded me of just how much we used to do when we first arrived and how complacent we have become in the last year. Now, while hanging at home is cool and very relaxing we have decided that at least once a month we need to get out there again and explore a little more.
In April when we went to Poole for the weekend with Kerry, Rob and my mom, Phillip missed a school outing to Herstmonceux Science Centre (pronounced Herst-mon-sue) and I promised him at the time that we would make a trip out there as a family to make up for it. The plans for more outings and this promise came together perfectly and this morning we took the 50 minute trip to find the centre.
Once the site of the Royal Greenwich Observatory the buildings and gardens have now been turned into a hands on Science centre and the children, Simon and I spent nearly 5 hours wondering around and "playing" on all the exhibits. Sadly on arrival I discovered I hadn't replaced the memory card in my camera so have no photographs of the day but it was absolutely wonderful and Si and I never cease to be amazed by these wonderful centres designed at making science come alive for children.
Definitely a worthwhile trip and at £22.50 for the whole family very affordable and we look forward to taking Nick back there again one day when he is older.
3 comments:
How frustrating to not have your memory card in your camera...
in a way i am glad you never had camera up and running - nice to chill and enjoy - ok ok who am i kidding the frustration of it all must have nearly driven you to chocolate !!!!! talking from experience last week !!!!
Sounds fantastic! We used to love the Science Centre here but we're bored with it now & tired of the lack of freedom to be outdoors. Ironically here everything is in a concrete building on a tiled floor yet there - with more unfavourable weather - so much more is outdoors! Apart from my own garden I rarely step on real grass here...
Post a Comment