It was a lovely clear and crisp evening and Megan counted 25 shooting stars in the hour we lay there together. While watching we chatted and caught up on each other's lives and I think these rare moments are so important as they give a family a chance to reconnect and reinforce the bonds we all need to make it through the rough times.
Once the children were in bed Si and I lay out for a further hour talking about our plans and dreams and about how we are feeling about life at the moment....of course the inevitable subject of our move to England came up and it was interesting to hear Si say that for him one of the best parts about living here is that he is working in one of the biggest, most famous and significant cities in the world. Lovely to hear him so relaxed and positive, his new job is certainly turning out to be all he dreamed it would.
Such a stunning evening, a truly magical moment.
This morning the children and I had an early start to meet Kirsty and Max at Wakehurst place for a walk and while Megan and Phillip took a map and a mobile phone and vanished for two hours, Kirst and I sat in the sun sipping coffee and watching Max and Nick chased each other round in circles. Good days are make of moments like these and good lives are make of a collection of just such moments - I count myself blessed every single day that my life has such an abundance of perfect memories and wonderful family and friends to share them with.


2 comments:
I was just looking at your photo's thinking how peaceful it looks there and look at the amazing building around you...kids can play without any fear, wonderful...
Whats the weather like there as so cold here....there seems a lot warmer than out 20 degrees.
Glad you feeling and sounding happier today.
Remember I too am away from home so need you to be strong for me as well :) as I hope to be for you!
wonderfull - England certainly agrees with us my friend - we did it hey - we actually immigrated left our family and friends and pioneered across the seas to start afresh setting up a totally new life for us and our children - embracing the positive and taking baby steps through the negatives - there is something to be said for embarking on this challenge together - so so glad i have had you with me......
Post a Comment