Sunday, 4 April 2010

Friday 2nd April 2010

On Wednesday Mum and I decided to take a cross country road trip and surprise Linda for her 40th birthday in Weston-Super-Mare. I have been planning this visit for a while and then when Cayne rang and said he was organising her a surprise dinner I just knew I had to be there, the problem was the exorbitant train fares due to the Easter weekend....fortunately the blessing of "Daisy" (our new car) solved all my problems and at 7am on Good Friday we set off.

After a surprisingly pleasant 4 hour drive I was standing on the Andrew family's driveway in the rain waiting for Linnie to peer out of her window to look at a dog Caylin and I had concocted in the park......to say she was BLOWN AWAY was the understatement of the century and I am so so glad that I was able to add a little bit of joy to her very special birthday.

Looking a wee bit shattered after a very long drive



The rest of the day passed in a blur of visiting family and friends and was finished with a superb dinner at Lin's fav restaurant. Saturday morning saw us all up early as I simply had to show mum Dunelm Mills in Weston before we started for home.....this store is AMAZING and is Mr Price Homezone only better - my mother was totally BLOWN away and I think we could have spent literally hours wandering around browsing. All too soon it was time to kiss Linnie goodbye and head home, such a lovely 24 hours and one I wouldn't have missed for the world.

4 comments:

linda andrew said...

oh my friend - you MADE MY BIRTHDAY perfect - i nearly dehydrated from tears of pure excitement when i saw you standing outside my house - a vision i will never ever forget - time with you and your mother is always therapy for the soul ......

Marcelle said...

Am so happy you got to spend quality time with family members and on a 40th birthday...makes it ever more special.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Oh what a special treat. I am sure Lynn will remember that day forever!!! Great that you wer able to do it.

Beryldene said...

SO glad you made this trip my friend...that's why you truly are a one in a million friend...

I also love that even though millions of miles separate us, you are still just a stoney hill lane away:-)

Love you millions